Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Some impressions on the Battlefield V Beta on PS4

I must say that I've enjoyed the previous EA game betas such as Battlefield 1 and both Star Wars Battlefronts. This time around I got what I expected and some more.

First of all, I can definitely say that I liked the WWII milieu of the game even though it is a bit revisionist and full of anachronisms. Both maps, Rotterdam and Narvik, provided a neat sample of different lighting and environmental effects.

However when it comes to the gameplay, one can expect a bunch of bugs and quips in every beta. Sometimes my passing was obstructed by an invisible texture. At times the sound environment turned out to be inconsistent.

Unfortunately the class loadouts are a mess. Every class can build and revive in certain circumstances. Both the medic and support classes can provide additional ammo and support packs. I thought it was frustrating that the support class weaponry made of LMGs lacked high capacity magazines. So no cover fire. Weapons so far seem to be more one and the same when it comes to effectiveness.

As far as the vehicles and tanks are concerned, I feel that the tank was pretty useless and couldn't even ram through a wooden house.

Overall the beta matches feel very low tempo which is something that might turn out to be a let down considering all the available shooters this quarter. EA has indeed handled this release awfully. Pandering to SJWesque critique is not helping the game at all with their target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment